delicious easy to make sauce
Green Onion Oil Sauce / 葱油 is perfect condiment to put on top of rice, noodles, vegetables, chicken, fish, soups, even use as bread dip or base for a marinade! The possibilities are endless. Let me show you how easy it is to make! This is just the basic version, you can add garlic, ginger even hot pepper flakes to create fun variations! Enjoy~
3/4 to 1 cup of grape seed oil 1 to 1.5 cup of chopped up green onion 1 tablespoon of pink Himalayan salt YUMMY OPTIONAL ADDITIONS: 1 tablespoon fresh grated garlic 1/2 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- Heat up grape seed oil over medium high heat
- Chop up your green onion / spring onion / scallion, and put in thick glass container that is heat resistant
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of pink Himalayan salt over the chopped onion, and the optional freshly grated garlic and/ginger if you prepared them.
- Pour half of the hot oil carefully over the chopped onion mixture.
- Mix the sauce a little bit to expose the onion underneath, pour the rest of the oil carefully while mixing.
- Store the green onion oil sauce in sterilized mason jar. Let cool to room temperature.
- Store in fridge for 4-6 months.